Article Marketing Strategy
Article marketing is a form of marketing in which articles are strategically placed on the Internet for the purpose of promoting a specific website. The concept is to generate interest in your website, establish credibility as an expert in your niche and create back-links to your website that will improve your site’s search engine ranking. The advantage of article marketing is that it is relatively simple to do and does not cost any money.
Online article marketing can effectively improve organic search results in a number of ways:
- Improve visibility for your target keyword phrases
- Obtain traffic for additional (long tail) keyword searches
- Assist in building awareness and reputation
- Increase targeted traffic from other quality related websites
- Helps attract more incoming links to your site
- Helps make your website more unique and useful
The Goals Of Online Article Marketing
Effective article marketing is about writing quality articles that are useful or interesting to your market, using some on your own website and getting some published on other related websites.
Here are our goals for online article marketing for our clients:
- Improving Organic Search Results (Getting found for more keyword searches and helping to increase rankings).
- Help Attract Incoming Links To The Site.
- Building Awareness And Often Reputation Building.
- Increasing Targeted Traffic From Related Sites.
- To Help Make A Web Site More Unique And Useful (e.g. Help educate your readers, help them decide what products/services to buy, etc.).
Article Marketing Video
These article marketing tips can provide you with a great basis of knowledge on how to use one of today’s most popular forms of marketing online.
1) Start a blog or informative website.
This can brand you or a product or service that you are an affiliate or distributor. This blog can and should contain useful information for people who would need your products or services. If the information you give is thought out and informative, they will come back to your site again and again to see what else you have written. Especially if you include a call-to-action.
2) Find out what topics people search for the most.
This can be done with simple keyword research. These are the topics that will likely gain you the most readers, so try to find a commonly searched subject that also fits your niche. Make sure that you include the keywords in the title, so that your article will show up when someone does search.
3) Get Guest Bloggers.
For article marketing campaigns incorporating a blog, soliciting guest bloggers can increase traffic. By inviting a respected blogger to post to their blogs, savvy article marketers can draw in fresh readers and increase their overall exposure. Guest blogging works best when both the guest and the host have a reputation for providing helpful, trustworthy articles. This way there is some reciprocity and it makes it a win-win for all parties involved.
4) Set Goals.
When you start your blog, it is important that you have goals for your self. If you do net set goals so that you know what is considered success and what is failure, you will never reach your goal and have success. If you have direction you are more likely to succeed. As you have probably heard before, “success leaves clues”.
5) Think about adding ads or boosted social media to increase your exposure.
When you first start writing ads it is great to write them as if you were writing an article. The reason for that is that people shut down right away when they see ads, and they are more open to reading stories. By the time they finish the story they will see it is an ad, and be more likely to buy what you are selling.
Make sure you really explore the topic of your article instead of using it just as a vehicle for promotion. Readers can spot a self serving marketing article masquerading as a real piece of content in a heartbeat and so can publishers. Keep the content informative and the marketing to a minimum. Make it genuine!
The more people that see your article, the more potential business you will generate when those readers click on the links in your blog.
This will also make you look popular to the search engines.
6) Proof Read.
When your article is done, reread it at least a few times for mistakes and possible blunders. Proofread everything carefully to ensure proper spelling and flow. You will maximize your earnings by keeping your writing free from errors. This will also save you time and energy on having to go back and correct the work later.
7) Include Bullet Points
Bullet-point lists could be a great way to incorporate many great ideas into one article.
- The bullet-point list can be read quickly and helps your readers stay focused on your article.
- The bullet points will help to increase variation among your ideas and make them seem more unique.
- That keeps people paying attention.
(See what we did there?)
8) Read your article out loud.
Before submitting your online articles, you should always read your articles out loud. This is done to ensure you do not make any spelling or grammar mistakes. You do not want to submit an article with spelling or grammar mistakes because these will cause you to lose credibility with your readers.
Taking the time to learn more about article marketing could do wonders for your business.
Got value from this post? Then we would LOVE for you to comment below and share on FaceBook,Twitter and other social sites using the button below…